Dietary Aides (Part Time)
Assist with the preparation and delivery of meals to all service areas including patients, cafeteria, catering and others. Uses proper cooking, cooling and reheating techniques to ensure food safety. Washes all dishes, trays, cookware, carts and utensils. May also operate a cash register.
Key Position Details:
SEIU Union Staff
- Assists in preparation and set-up of assigned food for patients and employees.
- Follows cycle menus, modified menus and standardized recipes when preparing food.
- Assembles patient food trays according to dietary needs.
- Delivers and retrieves patient food trays.
- Prepares items for meal service in cafeteria.
- During meal service, correctly restocks product and maintains area.
- May set up catered meals and snacks as scheduled.
- May operate cash register.
- Uses proper cooking, cooling and reheating techniques to ensure food safety.
- Checks temperatures regularly prior to serving food.
- Labels, dates, covers and stores food properly.
- Utilizes sanitizing techniques for food, self and equipment.
- Disposes of garbage and waste properly.
- Washes all dishes, trays, cookware, carts and utensils.
- Assists in putting away grocery orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED preferred or one year of food service experience required